The East Helena/East Valley bus service, Capital Transits hybrid paratransit and fixed-route service will Resume Operation on Monday, August 31, 2020 with modified stop services and ridership capacity limitations as discussed below:
Hours of Operation:
The East Valley/East Helena Bus runs weekdays from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM.
Please be advised of the following: The bus is taken out of service daily between 11:00 AM & 1:00 PM for sanitizing, cleaning and driver lunch break.
Modified Fixed Stop Locations:
Pick up and Drop Off at designated fixed-route stops are as follows in this order: Depart Capital Transit Facility, Apartment Complex at the intersection of Beechnut & Old lake Helena Drive, East Helena City Hall, East Helena Library, Walmart, Pure View and back to Transit Facility to start next hour loop and paratransit pickup and drop-offs.
There are no call-in stops at this time for the East Valley/East Helena Service.
East Helena East Valley ADA paratransit service for qualified ADA Paratransit riders:
The East Valley/East Helena Bus will pick up paratransit riders at any point in its service area. To use this service, riders will need to have an approved application for use of Paratransit services. All Paratransit riders using the East Valley/East Helena bus needing to reach destinations within the City of Helena must schedule a City of Helena Paratransit bus that originates from the Capital Transit Facility, all such trips must be scheduled the day before the requested trip as there is limited capacity on all bus’s. Same-day service cannot be guaranteed, call one day in advance to guarantee pick-up times. To schedule paratransit ride, call the dispatch office at 406-447-8080 and select option 1.
Finally, as we move forward in our recovery efforts to full operations and anticipated increase in usage as we transition to Phase 2 of the State of Montana Recovery Plan, the additional requirements, limitations and restrictions listed below were implemented on Monday, June 01, 2020. These measures are intended to be followed and enforced as health and safety control measures to assure passenger and transit staff safety during the COVID-19 public health emergency and are anticipated to remain in place until Phase 3 of the State Recovery Plan.
TEMPORARY COVID-19 PASSENGER REQUIREMENTS, LIMITATIONS & RESTRICTIONS:
<< Return Home
See All Alerts >>
- Capital Transit is not an emergency medical transport service provider, if you or anyone you know is experiencing a medical emergency of any type or may be experiencing symptoms associated with the COVID-19 virus, please call your medical care provider or 911 for assistance.
- All passengers using Capital Transit Fixed Route, ADA Paratransit, or East Helena/East Valley services must wear a CDC recommended/approved design face covering when entering a bus and at all times while onboard the bus.
- Passenger temperatures are taken, if a passenger has a temperature reading of exactly 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher the ride is denied after the passenger is advised of the result.
- A CDC approved face covering is required to be worn when entering the bus and at all times while on the bus.
- Any passenger that does not have a face-covering will be offered one prior to entry of the bus (Limited Supply of face coverings).
- Any passenger who refuses to wear a CDC recommended/approved design face covering or removes the face-covering while onboard the bus will have their trip denied or will be required to exit the bus.
- All passengers are to avoid touching noses, mouths, and eyes.
- All passengers are required to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or their arm.
- All passengers will be required to observe the established Social Distancing requirement and maintain at least 6 feet of space between the transit operator and passenger; and between other passengers. The exceptions to this requirement include but are not limited to personal care attendants/guests, and small children who must be seated next to an ADA passenger, parent, or guardian.
- At no time will a passenger, personal care attendant, guest, child or other family member be seated directly behind the Driver
- While the goal is to provide public transportation for as many passengers as possible in a day, we must observe the following carrying capacities in conjunction with the need to maintain social distancing. The revised seating capacity for safe operational use of the buses will be as follows:
- Fixed Route Buses: No more than 4 passengers will be allowed on board at any time.
- ADA Paratransit Buses: No more than 2 passengers will be allowed on board at any time. *Due to the needed capacity limitations on the paratransit bus’s, scheduling of rides 14-days in advance and subscription/reoccurring rides will remain suspended until further notice.
- East Helena/East Valley Bus: No more than 4 passengers will be allowed at any time.
- Due to the identified capacity limitations for social distancing, all subscription/reoccurring and 14-day advanced ride scheduling has been suspended.
- In the event a Fixed Route bus or the East Helena/East valley bus is full, additional passengers will be advised to please wait for the next available fixed route bus or East Helena/East Valley Bus.
- In the event an ADA paratransit bus is full, the Transit Dispatcher will enter the required trip scheduling negotiation to provide the requested trip(s).