The City of Helena/Capital Transit resumed service on Capital Transit’s Red and Blue fixed-route buses on Monday, June 1. This change in service coincides with the Governor’s order moving the State to Phase 2 of the State of Montana COVID-19 Recovery Plan. Please find details and requirements for Capital Transit services below.
Fixed Route Service:
The Red and Blue Fixed-Route Bus’s will operate Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1-6 p.m. In the two-hour midday shutdown, the buses will be thoroughly cleaned to help minimize potential exposure to COVID-19.
The Paratransit buses will operate the same dates and hours as the fixed route bus’s, Monday-Friday, 6:30 a.m.-11 a.m. and 1-6 p.m. there will be a two-hour midday shutdown, during which the paratransit buses will be thoroughly cleaned to help minimize potential exposure to COVID-19.
The East Valley/East Helena Service: Suspended until further notice.
Finally, as we move forward in our recovery efforts to full operations and anticipated increase in usage as we transition to Phase 2 of the State of Montana Recovery Plan, the additional requirements, limitations and restrictions listed below will be in effect starting Monday, June 01, 2020. These measures are implemented as health and safety control measures to assure passenger and transit staff safety during the COVID-19 public health emergency and are anticipated to remain in place until Phase 3 of the State Recovery Plan.
TEMPORARY COVID-19 PASSENGER REQUIREMENTS, LIMITATIONS & RESTRICTIONS (EFFECTIVE STARTING MONDAY, JUNE 01, 2020):
- Capital Transit is not an emergency medical transport service provider, if you or anyone you know is experiencing a medical emergency of any type or may be experiencing symptoms associated with the COVID-19 virus, please call your medical care provider or 911 for assistance.
- All passengers using Capital Transit Fixed Route, ADA Paratransit, or East Helena/East Valley services must wear a CDC recommended/approved design face covering when entering a bus and at all times while onboard the bus.
- Any passenger that does not have a face-covering will be offered one prior to entry of the bus (Limited Supply of face coverings).
- Any passenger who refuses to wear a CDC recommended/approved design face covering or removes the face covering while on board the bus will have their trip denied or will be required to exit the bus.
- All passengers are to avoid touching noses, mouths, and eyes.
- All passengers are required to cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or their arm.
- All passengers will be required to observe the established Social Distancing requirement and maintain at least6 feet of space between the transit operator and passenger; and between other passengers. The exceptions to this requirement include but are not limited to personal care attendants/guests, and small children who must be seated next to an ADA passenger, parent, or guardian.
- At no time will a passenger, personal care attendant, guest, child or other family member be seated directly behind the Driver
- While the goal is to provide public transportation for as many passengers as possible in a day, we must observe the following carrying capacities in conjunction with the need to maintain social distancing. The revised seating capacity for safe operational use of the buses will be as follows:
- Fixed Route Buses: No more than 4 passengers will be allowed on board at any time.
- ADA Paratransit Buses: No more than 2 passengers will be allowed onboard at any time. *Due to the needed capacity limitations on the paratransit bus’s, scheduling of rides 14-days in advance and subscription/reoccurring rides will remain suspended until further notice.
- East Helena/East Valley Bus: No more than 3 passengers will be allowed at any time.
- Due to the identified capacity limitations for social distancing, all subscription/reoccurring and 14-day advanced ride scheduling has been suspended.
- In the event a Fixed Route bus or the East Helena/East valley bus is full, additional passengers will be advised to please wait for the next available fixed route bus or East Helena/East Valley Bus.
- In the event an ADA paratransit bus is full, the Transit Dispatcher will enter the required trip scheduling negotiation to provide the requested trip(s).