Capital Transit offers several types of service for your convenience.
Blue and Red Line buses run hourly on weekdays between 7:00 AM – 6:15 PM, serving a fixed line of stops. All buses are ADA accessible.
ADA Complementary Paratransit Service
Starts at 6:30 AM and ends at 5:30 PM. Please refer to the ADA Complementary Paratransit Service Policies and Procedures.
The East Valley Bus
A deviated fixed ADA Complementary Paratransit Service bus that services the East Valley, Eastgate, and East Helena with set stops at East Helena City Hall, East Helena Library, in Helena at Pre Release, Wal-Mart, Capital Transit office, all other stops listed on the route are “call in”.
- Do you run on weekends or Holidays?
- No – there is no service on the weekends.
- Yes – service is provided on certain Holidays, refer to Federal Holidays.
- I am confined to a wheel chair can I ride the bus?
- Yes – all buses are equipped with a wheel chair lift and meet all ADA requirements.
- Can the fixed route buses drop me off somewhere else other than a bus stop?
- No – the Red and Blue lines do not deviate from their scheduled routes.
- I have a bicycle. Can I put it on the bus?
- Bicycles are allowed only on the route buses. The route buses are the fixed route lines, and the East Valley Bus Deviated Fixed ADA Origin to Destination Para Transit Service bus. It is the responsibility of the rider to load and unload their bicycle from the bike racks.
- Can I bring my animal on the bus?
- All service animals are accepted on the buses. The owner/handler needs to have the animal on a leash and in control or in a carrier or a box.
- I have a baby, are there car seats on the buses?
- The newer buses are equipped with car seats, the older buses are not. At no time may a child ride in a stroller while on the bus. The child must be held or placed in a car seat.
- Does the Bus Driver have change?
- No – the drivers do not have any change. Please bring the correct amount with you.
- Where can I buy tokens or bus passes?
- Passes and tokens can be purchased from either the driver or the Capital Transit office. Please bring correct amount of change, or make checks payable to Capital Transit. Credit cards are accepted for online purchases only.
- Can I eat and drink on the bus?
- No – food and drinks are prohibited from the bus.
- Do I have to pay for my child or my attendant to ride the bus?
- Attendants and children 6 years old or younger ride free.